What is OxyContin OC 60mg?
OxyContin OC 60mg, a brand name for the narcotic drug oxycodone hydrochloride, is a painkiller medication available in the USA. OxyContin is available as a 10 milligram (mg), 20 milligrams, 40 mg, 60 mg, or 80 mg tablet. The Oxycontin tablets vary in color and size according to their dosage. The Oxycontin tablets are imprinted with the letters OC on one side and the number of mg (milligram) on the opposite side. If you experience pain, you can buy Oxycontin 60 mg preço online to achieve adequate pain relief.
Opioid Analgesic Risk Evaluation and Mitigation Strategy (REMS)
Pain continues to be a significant public health problem in the US, causing substantial reductions in patients’ quality of life. Despite the pain-relieving effects of opioid medications, patients with acute and chronic pain are often underrated due to a variety of physician-and patient-related concerns and barriers, including the possibility of misuse and abuse.
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) built the Risk Evaluation and Mitigation Strategy (REMS) to confirm that the benefits overshadow the risks of opioid treatments. The FDA blueprint was updated to include more details on pain management, including non-pharmacological and pharmacological treatments for pain (non-opioid and opioid analgesics), a component of an effective treatment plan. It also included a primer treatment on addiction medicine.
An updated blueprint applies to prescribers and all healthcare providers managing patients with severe and chronic pain. The opioid analgesic: REMS (Risk Evaluation and Mitigation Strategy) incorporates the quality of treatment into practical education and reduces pain for their patients.
What are the primary uses of Oxycontin OC 60mg?
OxyContin OC 60mg is legally prescribed for the relief of moderate to severe pain due to bursitis or other injuries, neuralgia and arthritis. We offer overnight delivery of Oxycontin 60mg online.
Life-Threatening Respiratory Depression
Life-threatening respiratory depression is a severe side effect of Oxycontin and other opioid analgesic medications that can result in the use of Oxycontin. During the initiation of Oxycontin 60 mg preço following a dose increase, you should monitor for respiratory depression and consult a physician if it occurs.
Opioids induce respiratory depression by activating mu-receptors at specific sites in the central nervous system, including the Pre-Botzinger complex, a respiratory rhythm-producing region in the pons.
Full opioid agonists such as morphine ultimately affect breathing with the onset and offset profiles primarily determined by opioid transfer at the receptor site. In contrast, partial opioid agonists such as buprenorphine affect receptor site transfer together with receptor kinetics.
Opioid-induced respiratory depression is potentially fatal but can be reversed by the opioid receptor antagonist naloxone, an agent with a short (30-minute) half-life. The rate-limiting factor in the naloxone-reversal of opioid effects is the receptor kinetics of opioid agonists that require reversal.
Since naloxone is non-selective and reverses analgesia, agents for changing opioid-induced respiratory depression without affecting analgesic efficacy include ampakines and serotonin agonists that aim to increase central respiratory drive selectively.
Dosage of Oxycontin
The initial dosage of Oxycontin medication is 10 milligrams orally every 12 hours. You can increase the Oxycontin dosage upon your doctor’s advice if the severity of your pain increases.
What other drugs can interact with Oxycontin OC 60 mg?
The following are clinically significant drug interactions with Oxycontin 60 mg preço:
- monoamine oxidase inhibitors (or MAOIs) sometimes used to treat dementia, depression, and early-onset Parkinson’s disease
- inhibitors of CYP3A4 and CYP2D6, like azole-antifungal agents (like ketoconazole), macrolide antibiotics (such as erythromycin), and protease inhibitors (ritonavir)
- CYP3A4 inducers, including phenytoin and carbamazepine
- CNS depressants, like benzodiazepines and other hypnotics or sedatives, anxiolytics, general anesthetics, muscle relaxants, antipsychotics, and tranquilizers
- other mixed antagonist or agonist and partial agonist opioid analgesics
- certain types of antidepressants, selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (or SSRIs), serotonin and norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors (i.e., SNRIs), and triptans
- diuretics commonly used to treat high blood pressure and other conditions
- anticholinergic drugs, such as ipratropium (Atrovent), benztropine mesylate (like Cogentin), atropine (Atropine), probenecid, zidovudine, and lamotrigine (Lamictal)
- activated charcoal and beta-blockers, like propranolol
What are the side effects of Oxycontin OC 60 mg?
- Individuals who use OxyContin are at risk of developing a tolerance for the Oxycontin drug. Long-term use of the Oxycontin drug can lead to addiction and physical dependence.
- If they stop using Oxycontin, people who have become dependent or addicted to Oxycontin may experience withdrawal symptoms.
- Withdrawal symptoms of OxyContin addiction or dependency include restlessness, muscle and bone pain, cold flashes, insomnia, diarrhea, vomiting, and involuntary leg movements.
- Oxycontin also has a potential for abuse. People abuse OxyContin for its euphoric effect as it generates an effect similar to that associated with heroin use.
- High doses of OxyContin can lead to severe respiratory depression, which can lead to death.
- OxyContin users who abuse the drug Oxycontin are also at risk of contracting HIV (human immunodeficiency viruses) and other blood-borne diseases.
Neonatal Opioid Withdrawal Syndrome
Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome ( NAS) is a group of conditions when a baby withdraws from certain drugs present in the womb before birth. NAS most often occurs when a woman takes medicines called opioids (such as Oxycodone, OxyContin, methadone, or buprenorphine) during pregnancy.
There is an increasing rate of opioid use disorder in pregnant women and neonatal opioid withdrawal syndrome in infants. Across the world, pregnant women do not have access to evidence-based treatments, including medication for opiate use disorder. A medical expert recommends clinical treatment and management of an infant with opioid exposure.
Oxycontin 60 mg preço produces peripheral vasodilation, which may result in orthostatic hypotension or syncope. Manifestations of histamine release and peripheral vasodilation may include pruritus, flushing, red eyes, sweating, and orthostatic hypotension.
Special Warning and Precaution for The Use of Oxycontin 60 mg preço
Oxycontin 60 mg preço risks abuse and addiction, leading to overdose and death. It may also cause severe, possibly fatal, breathing problems. To lower your risk, your medical expert should have you take the smallest dose of Oxycontin that works and consume it for the shortest possible time.
The risk of severe breathing problems is more elevated when you start taking this drug after a dose boost or if you take the wrong dose or strength. Get medical alertness immediately if you have experienced any of the following adverse effects:
- Slow breathing
- Unusual lightheadedness
- Severe drowsiness
Can I Use Oxycontin 60 mg While Planning a Pregnancy, Pregnant, or Breastfeeding?
Oxycontin 60 mg preço is an opioid medicine often prescribed for severe pain and can be highly addictive. One study by medical experts and the National Institute on Health (NIH) indicates that women who use opioids while using this medicine trying to conceive are 29 percent less likely to become pregnant. Consult with your medical expert if you are planning to become pregnant.
Oxycontin is a narcotic painkiller medicine and has caused severe problems in breastfed infants. Therefore, the medical expert does not prescribe Oxycontin 60 mg while breastfeeding.