Showing all 3 results
What is the use of Dilaudid
Dilaudid is a prescription opioid medication and a brand name for Hydromorphone. Hydromorphone is the main active ingredient of this medication, which is an opiate. In the streets, an opioid is also known as narcotics.
Hydromorphone is a white crystalline powder that is freely soluble in the water; it may slightly dissolve in the ethanol. In addition, Dilaudid contains some inactive ingredients including;
- Lactose anhydrous and magnesium stearate (2 mg, 4 mg, and 8 mg)
- Methylparaben, purified water, propylparaben, sucrose, and glycerin. (5 mL oral solution)
The Doctors prescribe this narcotic medication for the treatment of moderate to severe pain. You may buy Dilaudid online for the management of internal and external injury pains. Long term use of this medication is typically only be recommended for pain due to cancer.
In the United States, Dilaudid is a schedule II-controlled drug substance under the controlled substance act (CSA). It should be used only at a legal prescription by a medical professional.
Dosage forms and strengths
This medication is available in a clear, colorless to pale yellow, slightly liquid.
Dosage form Strength Color Shape Debossed with NDC for bottle of 100 NDC for bottle of 500
Oral solution 5 mg/5 mL Clear, colorless – – – –
Tablet 2 mg Light orange Round, flat faced “P” on one side and “2” on another side 42858-122-01 –
Tablet 4 mg Light yellow Round, flat faced “P” on one side and “4” on another side 42858-234-01 42858-234-50
Tablet 8 mg White Triangular “P” and an inverted “P” and “8” on another side 42858-338-01 –
Initial dosage for medical purpose
Initiating with Dilaudid oral solution;
You may begin your treatment with Dilaudid oral solution in a dosing range of 2.5mg to 10mg every 3 to 6 hours as needed for pain.
Initiating with Dilaudid tablets
You may initiate your treatment through Dilaudid tablets in a dosing range of 2mg to 4mg orally every 4 to 6 hours.
Patients should take some necessary precautions while using this medication to get the maximum benefit of drug and protection from adverse effects.
How to use Dilaudid?
- Patients should use Dilaudid precisely as prescribed by their doctor.
- We will suggest you read the prescription label before initiating the treatment.
- This medication can be habit-forming while using it through unnecessary dosage.
- You may take this medication by mouth with or without food as per your doctor’s recommendation.
- We suggest you order Dilaudid online to avoid duplicate products.
- Do not stop taking Dilaudid; suddenly, it can cause severe withdrawal symptoms.
- Do not use Dilaudid without taking the advice of your doctor, if you have or ever had any of below-given conditions;
- Any lung problem or breathing problem
- A history of brain tumor, seizures, and head injury
- A history of drug abuse and drug or alcohol addiction
- Liver or kidney problem
- Urination problem
- Allergic to Dilaudid or any other related drug.
- Pregnant or a nursing mom, etc.
Dilaudid can cause side effects in some adverse conditions. You are advised to take medical attention if you have any of the below-given effects while using this medication.
(Note- this document contains side effects information about generic drug hydromorphone, some of these effects will not apply to brand name Dilaudid.)
- mood or mental changes
- rapid breathing
- bloating and swelling of the face
- severe stomach pain, cramping, or burning
- stiff neck
- fast, slow and irregular heartbeat
- sunken eyes
- thoughts of killing oneself
- trouble breathing
- unusual tiredness
- bloody, black, or tarry stools
- blurred vision
- changes in behavior
- chest pain or discomfort
- decreased urination
- dizziness and fainting
- dry mouth
- Unknown incidence
- irregular, fast or slow, or shallow breathing
- loss of appetite
- noisy breathing
- overactive reflexes
- painful urination
- pale or blue lips, fingernails, or skin
- poor coordination
- talking or acting (uncontrollable) with excitement
- tightness in the chest
- trouble sleeping
- Symptoms of overdose
- severe drowsiness you are not able to answer when spoken to or, if
- asleep, cannot be awakened
- slow heartbeat,
- pinpoint (small) pupils in the eyes
- very slow or troubled breathing, etc.
It is not a complete list of side effects of Dilaudid. You should go for a medical consultation if you have any abnormal results while using Dilaudid.