Showing all 2 results
Vicodin is a prescription medication and a brand name for a combination of Acetaminophen/Hydrocodone. Hydrocodone and Acetaminophen are the main active ingredients of this medication. Hydrocodone is an opioid pain medication, and Acetaminophen is a less potent pain reliever that increases the effect of Hydrocodone.
Hydrocodone bitartrate occurs as fine white crystals or as a crystalline powder that may be affected by light. Acetaminophen is a non-opioid substance and occurs as a slightly bitter, white, crystalline powder. In addition, Vicodin contains some inactive ingredients which are given below;
- Colloidal silicon dioxide
- Magnesium stearate
- Microcrystalline cellulose
- Stearic acid and pregelatinized starch, etc.
Vicodin tablets are used for the management of moderate to moderately severe pain. Patients may buy Vicodin online for other medical purposes not mentioned in this medication guide.
In the United States, Vicodin is a schedule II-controlled drug substance under the controlled substance act (CSA).
This medication is available for medical use in 3 different strengths. Each dosage occurs in white color and capsule-shaped.
- Vicodin 5 mg/300 mg: Debossed “Vicodin” on one side and “5” score “300” on another side.
- Vicodin ES 7.5 mg/300 mg: Debossed “Vicodin ES” on one side and “7.5” score “300” on another side.
- Vicodin HP 10 mg/300 mg: Debossed “Vicodin ES” on one side and “10” score “300” on another side.
Medical professionals should administrate your dosage on the base of your physical, mental, and medical conditions.
- Vicodin 5 mg/300 mg: The usual adult dose is 1 or 2 tablets every 4 to 6 hours as needed for pain. Daily dosage should not exceed 8 tablets.
- Vicodin ES 7.5 mg/300 mg: The usual adult dose is 1 tablet every 4 to 6 hours as needed for pain. Daily dosage should not exceed 6 tablets.
- Vicodin HP 10 mg/300 mg: The usual adult dose is 1 tablet every 4 to 6 hours as needed for pain. Daily dosage should not exceed 6 tablets.
Patients should take some necessary precautions while using this medication to get the hundred percent benefit of drug and protection from adverse effects.
How to use OxyContin?
- Patients should use Vicodin precisely as prescribed by their doctor. We will suggest you read the prescription label before initiating the treatment.
- You may take this medication by mouth with or without food as per your doctor’s recommendation.
- This medication can be habit-forming while using it through unnecessary or overdose.
- You should order Vicodin online to avoid duplicate products.
- Do not stop taking Vicodin; suddenly, it can cause severe withdrawal symptoms.
You should take medical consultation before using Vicodin if you have or ever had any of below-given conditions;
- Diarrhea and severe constipation
- Using other drugs
- Low blood pressure
- A history of drug or alcohol addiction
- Liver or kidney diseases
- Seizures or a head injury
- Problem with your thyroid or gallbladder
Don’t use Vicodin if you have/are;
· Allergic to Vicodin or any component of this medication
· Nursing or pregnant lady
Vicodin can cause some severe unwanted effects in some adverse conditions. You should contact your doctor to take medical attention if you have any of the below-given effects during the treatment.
(Note- This document contains side effects information about Hydrocodone and Acetaminophen, some of these effects will not apply to the brand name Vicodin)
- Bloody or cloudy urine
- Change in consciousness
- Chest pain or discomfort
- Cold and clammy skin
- Decreased awareness or responsiveness
- Extreme drowsiness
- A general feeling of discomfort or illness
- Increased sweating
- Loss of consciousness
- No blood pressure or pulse
- No muscle tone or movement
- Not breathing
- Severe sleepiness
- Slow or irregular heartbeat
- Stopping of heart
- A sudden (immediate) decrease in the amount of urine
- Unpleasant breath odor
It is not a complete list of side effects of Vicodin. You should take a medical consultation if you have any abnormal results while using Vicodin.